Going through our wardrobe during these cold winter days, is an action that doesn’t resemble for sure the same fun and excitement we faced while picking up an outfit during the days of spring and summer for example. At a first glance, as we stand in front of the closets, nothing is quite warm enough, sophisticated enough, or comfortable enough, because these three are the key elements that matter most in an outfit this season. If you care for your looks to also incorporate some of the 2013 winter trends in them than the fashion challenge you face becomes significantly bigger.
Of course, things would be a lot easier if we had closets filled with runway worthy garments, just waiting to be mixed and matched accordingly, but as it happens, the reality of our closets is shaped a little bit differently. By having to make the most out of the clothing items belonging to some of the previous seasons, we must absolutely find at least the inspiration somewhere in the current trends. Infusing this winter wardrobe with a little sense of high fashion is in fact quite effortless if we choose not to play by the rules.
The oversized madness keeps getting stronger, as the loose garments became quite the wardrobe staples over the past months. Here is how to incorporate this modern and edgy winter trend into your own wardrobe in order to make it warm, cozy and cool.
01. The Oversized Vest. Perfectly embodying the 2013 winter trends in both the oversized aesthetic, and the edgy army style, a cool statement vest would make for a versatile and tough seasonal piece. Going great against leather, it can easily be styled with slouchy skirts or skinny pants, and the effect would be just as striking. The oversized vest can also be worn indoors if paired with t-shirts or sleeveless turtlenecks, or it could make for an amazing layering number, if mixed with chunky knits and oversized coats during those extremely cold days.
02. The Oversized Fur Coat. Just picture yourself wrapped in a beautiful and warm oversized fur coat this winter! Besides looking utterly elegant and luxurious, this wardrobe staple is set to infuse your daily outfits with great energy and a new level of comfort. Easy to throw over a dress for a fancy evening out, and looking even more gorgeous if paired with skinny leather pants for a busy day in the city, this furry sensation would never let you down. Available in an impressive array of modern hues, we especially love how it looks in a head-to-toe oxblood outfit.
03. The Oversized Sweater. Now this is what we call a life saver during the cold days when the temperatures drop below zero. Extremely comfortable, utterly elegant and versatile, a cozy oversized sweater is the go-to wardrobe item this season. Easy to style in chic combinations with cropped pants, fitted skirts or a simple pair of warm leggings, these kind of sweaters are totally worthy of the investment. As soon as you’ll find your favourite chunky sweater, we bet it will become harder and harder to get out of it.
04. The Oversized Coat. Luxurious looking and quite of an edgy wardrobe staple, the oversized coat is an absolute must-have this season. Easy to dress up with elegant choices, or toned down with casual and comfy attires, this cocoon coat can hide layers and layers of clothing underneath without ever showing it. For maximum effect, style the coat with a sleek bun and a pair of classy shades.
05. The Oversized Pants. They might look a little bit unusual at first, but if styled impeccably the oversized pants can easily turn into a modern and tough piece of clothing. Spotted on the streets and in stores in a variety of colors and fabrics, they are meant to be incorporated in laid-back looks, emphasized only by colorful chunky knits and minimum jewelry. If you care to make a long lasting impression, opt for the edgy black leather oversized trousers this winter.