Say what you want, but the collaborations between H&M and famous fashion houses are in high demand from the moment they’re launched. Fashionistas everywhere flock to the nearest H&M stores (or, you know, browsers) to shop their favorite looks. Clothes are flying off the racks and general madness ensues… and it seems that this will be the case once again this fall.
Come November, we will be able to shop the latest designer collaboration: Alexander Wang X H&M.
Here are 5 things you need to know, while you wait to hit the “Add To Bag” button:
1. LAUNCH DATE: The collection will launch in select H&M stores and online at hm.com on November 6th. Before that, you can watch the launch event live from New York. The live streaming will start on October 16th at 8:15 PM EST on the H&M website.
2. EARLYBIRD: The first look from the collab was worn by Rihanna during New York Fashion Week. She sported leggings and a crop top, both with the word “Wang” written across them.
3. GET SPORTY: Unsurprisingly, the theme for the collection revolves around sports. With this collection, Alexander Wang treats us to a fine selection of sporty-luxe pieces that are as true to his design aesthetics as they are to H&M’s price points. The collection includes both womenswear and menswear and, judging by the lookbook, it will massively pump up our street creds. Scuba dresses, sweatshirts, leggings, gloves, beanies, sweatshirts, knee-high socks and parkas – they all speak of a credible and action-ready street-style collection.
4. THE WANG EFFECT: If you love his designs, you’ll want to show them off! Most of the pieces in the collection, from beanies to tops, gloves and socks all prominently display the designer’s name: WANG.
5. IT’S A FIRST: This is the first time H&M collaborates with an American designer. Alexander Wang has launched his namesake brand back in 2007. Ever since, his name has become synonymous with a cool, effortless and often sport-themed chicness. All the IT girls have flocked to wear his latest clothes and killer shoes, and for good reason: he knows what’s cool and he knows how to put his own signature spin on it.
So, what do you think about the latest H&M guest-designer collection?
Photos via vogue.com