For Fall and Winter 2012 the hairstyle trends range from sleek center-parts and braided hair dos, to low ponytails, glamorous curls and feminine bouffants. With plenty of inspiration at hand to play and style your hair this season, we do want to help you make a step further towards a more adventurous direction. Don’t settle for anything predictable or boring, and instead choose to make a statement during your busy days and stylish nights out, by taking full advantage of some of the prettiest and coolest hair accessories this season brings along. They will transform your usual routine in an unexpected act, allowing you to play upon fantasy and illusion. We made an exciting selection, gathering 6 of the most impressive hairstyles and hair accessories combo from the Fall 2012 runways presented during spring. Get ready for some inspiration overload.
1. Romantic Baroque. We all have to agree that the models walking the Dolce & Gabbana Fall 2012 fashion show looked beyond gorgeous and exquisite. In order to recreate their iconic glam looks, all you have to do is style a center part with a very loose knot, and add heavy and precious embellishments. It’s all about intricate headbands with luxurious motifs, the perfect amount of sophistication to complement any outfit idea.
2. The Dramatic Bouffant. Although sporting a super fancy bouffant may not be such an easy translation to be made into the real world, we can still take Carolina Herrera’s idea of beauty as source of inspiration to create a one-of-a-kind look. Pump up your hair’s volume until it reaches the point you feel comfortable wearing it in public, and accessorize the hairstyle with a black elastic headband. To recreate the headband piece, you can easily use a spool of elastic or a black grosgrain ribbon tied in unique ways.
3. The Miniature Hat. Donna Karan’s dramatic Fall 2012 collection played upon the general idea of menswear, reinterpreted with a casual luxe approach in order to match all the powerful and successful women out there. The elegant chignons dominating the runway were styled with some cute miniature hats, that were both feminine and edgy, sweet and tough. The classy look would work wonderfully this Fall, paired with fitted blazers, tailored coats and flattering cocktail dresses.
4. The Perfect Earwarmers. Aside from making any hairstyle look less boring and more Parisian chic inspired, the earwarmers are somewhat indispensables all throughout the cold seasons. Sonia Rykiel’s girls walked the Fall 2012 runway sporting dump hair and black bands covering their foreheads and ears, a degrade look accented by bold red lipstick and black cream eyeshadow. It wouldn’t be all that bad to end up looking like this after walking for a couple of hours during a heavy snowing day.
5. The 60s-Inpired Beehive. The Moschino presentation for Fall 2012 transformed the models walking the runway into rebellious young ladies, sporting tall 60s-inspired beehives and fiercy cat eyes. The super stylish hair dos were accented by oversized bow headbands for an extra touch of drama. There’s something about this perfect mix between a tall french twist and a huge bow that screams Mad Med, without stopping being modern and so actual.
6. Playing Dress-Up. This was the actual beauty theme dictating all the steps to be taken backstage at the Oscar de la Renta Fall 2012 presentation. The messy make-up was complemented beautifully by the glamorous ladylike faux bobs, embellished with precious jeweled headbands in silver and black tones. Sophisticated and playful are the two matching words that perfectly describe the silk ribbon with a sparkling brooch trend that dominates the fashion scene at the moment.
And the inspiration doesn’t have to stop here. Take a peek at your favorite runway shows for Fall and Winter 2012 and allow fantasy to walk straight into your life. Experiment with all of the trends and make a statement using unique, colorful and embellished hair accessories. Imagine you’re playing a character and reinventing yourself is part of the job, what would you do differently?