The little black dress will never ever go out of style, that’s for sure, but no matter how elegant, classy and chic that gown can be, it can also easily translate to boring and safe on the Red Carpet. That’s why this year, celebrities decided to embrace vibrant colors and fun prints for the most glamorous events, proving once again that they are one step ahead in setting the trends. Their sudden passion for red emerged early in the spring, continued all throughout the summer and seemed to be getting even stronger as we progressed into fall. Some of the most beautiful stars gave red a chance and as expected, the results were breathtaking. We made a selection of our favorite gowns to walk the Red Carpet in the past months, so let the images inspire you into welcoming some bold colors into your own wardrobe.
1. Taylor Swift at the 2012 Billboard Music Awards. We already lost track of the countless times miss Taylor Swift effortlessly wore red on the Red Carpet, managing to stand out and look beautiful. For the 2012 Billboard Music Awards, Taylor chose a gorgeous Elie Saab Pre-Fall 2012 chiffon sleeveless dress. The young country singer is definitely a fan of the bold color, as she features a lot of red in her daily wardrobe too. Not to be mentioned that her latest album, set to be released in five days is also entitled “Red“. We get it, we all have a favorite color, don’t we?
2. Nina Dobrev at the 2012 Emmy Awards. Never underestimate the power of the red dress, or the power of a flawless dress in general. Nina Dobrev wasn’t much of a Red Carpet favorite before the 2011 Emmy Awards, but from the moment she stepped out in that stunning Donna Karan dress, she instantly became everyone’s favorite girl. More recently, for “The Perks Of Being A Wallflower” L.A.Premiere, Nina looked petty and chic once again, wearing a red mid-length Reem Acra dress with lace detailing.
3. Kate Hudson at the 2012 amfAR Inspiration Gala. It’s not that hard for the wonderful Kate Hudson to really stand out, but for the 3rd Annual amfAR Inspiration Gala she didn’t take any chances and went all in, wearing a daring Prabal Gurung Resort 2013 gown colored in bright red. As a result, the actress ended up on the best dressed list, impressing the fashion critics with her outstanding taste and gorgeous figure.
4. Amanda Seyfried at Paris Fashion Week SS 2013. If you’re not a particular fan of dresses and elaborate gowns but you still want to experiment with the red trend, take actress Amanda Seyfried as your source of inspiration. The lovely star rocked a red two-piece suit from the Miu Miu Fall 2012 collection during Paris Fashion Week earlier this month. Mixing feminine colors with masculine cuts and bold dark lips, Amanda couldn’t have looked better. The edgy look suits her wonderful and proves that red is not made only for the girly girls.
5. Nicole Kidman at the 2012 New York Film Festival Gala Tribute To Nicole Kidman. In case you needed proof that red is not made to be worn exclusively by the young ladies that just hit their 20s and 30s, we introduce you to the amazingly beautiful Nicole Kidman. The actress chose to celebrate her career by wearing a fresh-of-the runway red L’Wren Scott Spring 2013 dress, embellished by delicate sequins. Nicole even accessorized her dress with fiercy red sandals and red lips, making it clear that you should never be afraid of color.
6. Katy Perry at the 2012 Part Of Me L.A.Premiere. Katy Perry loves to experiment on the Red Carpet like no other, and for the Los Angeles premiere of her 3D movie, the singer teamed the glamorous`50s retro trend, with the fun of the red trend, and as a result she made a notable appearance in a flattering velvet mid-length dressed signed by Dolce & Gabbana, that caught all the deserved attention.
I’m pretty sure that we haven’t heard all about the red attire trend yet, as there is plenty of time left of this year to keep an eye out for the next celebrities that will try out this whimsical color. Until then, make sure to insert little bits of red into your own closet this fall, and have fun with your outfits.