Fashion took a nostalgic step back in time for Spring 2013 by bringing back under the spotlight the bittersweet taste of the 90s. Suddenly it’s all about flower print dresses, quirky overalls and midriff baring tops. Aside from the clothing, the jewelry department was also touched by the exorbitant decade, as a new statement accessory raised from the ashes only to become more spectacular and even edgier. The ear cuff trend took the fashion world by storm and impregnated the looks with lots of attitude and boldness. We’ve already seen the daring jewelry piece styled on blogs, on the red carpet and making heads turn on the streets, and yes, we absolutely love its energy.
From simple metallic designs, all the way to more intricate and embellished pieces, the Spring 2013 ear cuff trends are having a major moment right now, and the fashion madness will definitely not stop here. So if you plan on expanding your jewelry collection, make sure to include at least one fabulous ear cuff number on your shopping list. For an extra dose of inspiration, we gathered the most exciting ear cuff designs to help get you in the zone.
01. Adorned with three, four, five or seven rings, this exquisite accessory might actually be the original source of inspiration for the more elaborate jewelry pieces that can be seen in stores today. Alicia Keys, Diane Kruger and Rihanna already took these funky ear cuffs on the red carpet and made them look a lot more wearable and sophisticated even. Emphasized by sleek buns, top knots and alluring side-parts, the ring ear cuffs add a touch of edginess to even the simplest outfits. A must for the edgy girls that care to make a long-lasting impression.
02. Goes without saying that chains and fashion make for an untamed duo that constantly reinvents itself in order to keep things fresh and exciting for us. The multi chain ear cuffs represent the latest design in the matter that looks effortlessly cool and super appealing. Based on chains in mixed metal finishes, this bold accessory will definitely help you make a loud statement. It’s not like it can pass unnoticed. A must for the glam-rock chicks that love a little bit of edge.
03. Ideal to add an extra touch of sparkle and lots of attitude to your Holiday party attire, the rhinestone ear cuff encrusted with delicate Swarovski stones is set to make you the center of attention. Perfectly stylish, elaborate and precious, this accessory doesn’t need much else in order to really stand out on its own. A must for the glamorous girls that love all the precious details.
04. Feminine, utterly romantic but still edgy, modern and cool, this is how easy it would be to describe the spray leaf ear cuffs. The fabulous piece of accessory is loud enough to get noticed effortlessly, but manages to still look elegant, tasteful and refined. A gorgeous evening gown would make for the perfect team with this delicate design. A must for the sophisticated ladies that love a good and fashionable twist.
05. It’s a good thing feathers never go out of style. Reinvented with the help of complementary chains and bold crosses, feathers make for the bohemian take on the Spring 2013 ear cuff trends. The distinct old gold colored piece of jewelry looks ravishing, captivating and unique. Easy to style and emphasize, this trendy ear cuff is a must for the untamed and bohemian spirits.