Finding that ideal wedding gown for 2013 that’s only meant for you and for your body only, defines maybe one of the most special moments that a future bride gets to experience. Shopping for a wedding dress it’s the adventure of a lifetime, and can hardly be compared to anything else. It’s all about making dreams come true, and finding a match, all over again. Year after year, the biggest fashion houses specializing in bridal gowns have showed of the wedding dress trends 2013 and accessories, they have sent down the runway the most exquisite garments that breath new life into the current trends, while also setting the tone for the new ones.
Wedding dress trends 2013 will definitely be an exciting year for the brides to be if we’re to judge based on the number of stunning gowns that were envisioned for the new season. Delicate details, intricate cuts, luxurious fabrics and surprising elements make for fabulous collections that are more than ready to satisfy even the most pretentious tastes in the matter. The trick is to never settle for less than you deserve and to keep searching until finding that one dress. Your one and only. Here are the most beautiful trends featured in the 2013 bridal collections and the dresses that will make history.
01. The Little White Dress Trend. The traditional floor-length wedding gown that we’re all so used to by now, stopped existing on every woman’s wish list a very long time ago. That’s why every year, with every new collection, the designers love to showcase mini white numbers on the runway, much to the non-traditional gals’ delight. A short dress doesn’t necessarily mean unsophisticated. It’s bold and it’s something else for sure, but with the right styling and the right attitude it can easily become a total knock-out. Oscar de la Renta gently accessorized his 2013 wedding gown with matching tights, feminine shoes, minimal jewelry and a lovely bouquets in pastel pink. The natural make-up and the exquisite feathered head-piece perfectly complemented the strapless gown. Short but sweet.
02. The Scarlet Red Dress Trend. On a wedding day, all eyes should definitely and permanently be on the bride. After all, it’s her moment. If white is not as much of a statement color, than a bold scarlet red should certainly do the trick. Vera Wang is the most reliable name when it comes to exquisite bridal garments that are one of a kind, intriguing and memorable. Her Spring wedding dress trends 2013 collection played upon a new color direction that highlighted beautiful hues of scarlet, crimson, vermillion and dahlia. The fabulous strapless dresses aren’t of course meant for just everybody, but with their extravagant feel and infinite yards of tulle, they will conquer a fearless heart or two for sure.
03. The Lace Delight Dress Trend. When beauty lies in the details, lace makes for the most dramatic and sophisticated approach, especially if we’re talking wedding gowns. Alice Temperley, the British designer behind the fashion house Temperley London went for timeless and ultra-feminine pieces for her Beatrice Bridal 2013 collection. Capturing the eternal elegance of lace in a perfect series of black and white shots, Temperley’s gowns are undeniable charming, playing upon structured silhouettes and featuring the most exquisite embellishments. From the romantic collection made out of French lace, we especially loved the trumpet style lace gown with crystal floral Beatrice belt, and the stunning full lace gown with scalloped edges and sheer cap sleeves.
04. The Happily Ever After Dress Trend. Inspired by our favorite fairy-tales and bringing back a glimpse from the past, Rosa Clara’s 2013 collection makes the princess style look a lot more approachable. Balancing the dramatic looks with clean lines, simple details and impeccable silhouettes the collection is definitely the closest to the traditional pieces that are usually seen walking down the aisle. The Bemol gown and the Basilia one featured above, are stunning examples of how an exaggerated theme can be wonderfully toned down by a minimalist eye. Both bold and delicate! Perfect for the romantic bride.
05. The Hi-low Hemline Dress Trend. Featured in two of the most exciting bridal collections for Spring 2013, the high and low hemline dresses are set to take the next year by storm. The house of Marchesa and the Elie Saab for Pronovias collection, both envisioned the sexy silhouettes for 2013. Perfect to showcase your one of a kind pair of bridal heels and to draw attention to your marvelous pins, the exquisite dress comes in multiple variations, ranging from alluring all the way to ethereal and romantic. If this is the style you have in mind, finding your match won’t be difficult.
06. The Grecian Goddess Dress Trend. The epiphany of elegance and a true bridal staple, the Grecian Goddess Dress makes for a delicate and sophisticated comeback this season as pictured by Marchesa for 2013. The flattering sillouethe, alluring through its simplicity and lightness, its beautiful in the front and outstanding at the back. The off-the-shoulder bodice made out of an exquisite diamond detailing complements the surreal feel that touches this striking gown.
07. The Cape Sensation Dress Trend. Utterly elegant and sophisticated, the flirty white dresses hidden mysteriously under sheer capes are definitely a trend to watch in 2013. These wedding gowns gracefully emphasize the tasteful simplicity that once used to define the special garments. The Victoria Jane for Ronald Joyce 2013 Collection and the Novia D’art 2013 Bridal Collection showcased mesmerizing gowns fit for the most chic personalities and styles.
08. The Long Sleeve Dress Trend. Usually seen on delicate and flattering wedding dresses, the long sleeves made out of luxurious lace mark a trend that keeps getting stronger with every new season. The “Florence” collection created by Temperley Bridal focuses on the timeless and sophisticated sillouethe that carries a certain vintage flair emerging from all of its delicate details. The elaborate gowns inspired by the old Hollywood glamour bring back center stage the decadent shapes of the 1950s.
09. The Sheer Back Dress Trend. The exquisite amount of attention paid to even the least expected parts of a wedding dress resulted in a trend that wants to impress backwards. The powerful sheer back, carefully embellished with detailed motifs brings this exquisite element to perfection. Jesus Peiro 2013 Soirée Collection features a one of a kind gown, that’s absolutely stunning regardless if you look at it from the front or from the back. That’s how a bride could effortlessly keep all eyes on her.
10. The Peplum Dress Trend. Peplum made a huge impact on the fashion world all throughout 2012 and right now is still considered to be one of the most flattering silhouettes ever invented. Loved for hugging the body in all the right places, it wasn’t long before the intricate shape translated to wedding gowns. Amsale and Angel Sanchez featured above, alongside Carolina Herrera and Junko Yoshiok infused their bridal collections with the modern trend. If you care to make a white statement on your wedding day than this dress might help you succeed flawlessly.