Earlier this month, the fashion week extraordinaire adventure closed its curtains for this year, as the fashion industry reached a new level of calmness after a series of 28 hectic days. It’s been almost two weeks since the final shows were presented in Paris and we cannot stop talking about our favorite runway shows, while mentally planning our future outfits. The Spring and Summer 2013 collections were filled with fresh ideas, endless sources of inspiration and new trends ready to take over the world. Letting aside the mesmerizing clothes that will haunt our dreams for the months to come, let’s switch our focus on the stylish hairstyles introduced by the models walking the biggest runways across the world. We selected the most inspiring, interesting, innovative and flattering styles suggested by the hair experts, and we are ready to fill you in on what will be really hot next year. Let the fun begin!
1. Oscar de la Renta and the Volumized French Twist. It’s not that hard to guess the inspiration behind the chic hairstyles sported by the models during the Oscar de la Renta Spring 2013 runway show. Audrey Hepburn’s iconic french twist from “Breakfast at Tiffany’s” was reinvented with the help of bright colored pieces of hair integrated in the hairstyle. Classic and fun!
2. Max Mara and the Retro Urban Coif. Max Mara’s girls featured an enigmatic look on the runway for Spring and Summer 2013. Their sporty hairstyle was envisioned for the spontaneous girls that that love knots and twists. Cool fabric bandanas with an African vibe were wrapped around the model’s foreheads in order to complement the retro styling.
3. Carolina Herrera and the Timeless Architectural Look. Carolina Herrera requested for a fresh hairstylewithout any references in the past to accompany her splendid numbers on the runway. The result took the form of a shiny and sleek style, featuring a top section of hair directed towards the back of the head. Edgy met sweet on the runway.
4. Dolce & Gabbana and the Scarf Updo. No one beats Dolce & Gabbana when it comes to flirty, relaxed and summery hair do’s. The Italian holiday served as ongoing inspiration for the past seasons and in 2013 it will be all about retro updo’s, embellished by colorful scarves.
5. Donna Karan and the Modern Take On the Messy Updo. According to Donna Karan, the modern hair should really look like a not too perfect updo. It’s all about attitude and simplicity. The looks for the runway were finished with cute headbands that both complemented, and sweetened the rough styling.
6. Etro and the Minimalist Sleek Ponytail. The Etro vision of beauty played around the idea of pure minimalism. The models had their hair styled into sleek and shiny low ponytails, with the front combed over the top and secured with half-bow of black, silk ribbon.
7. Gucci and the Chignon With a Graphic Twist. The hair stylist working backstage at the Gucci presentation took inspiration from the 1970s Vogue covers featuring Marisa Berenson. He created a sleek chignon and pinned it to the base of the neck. One or two stiff hair strands were lashed around the chignon facing upwards or downwards, suggesting the idea of graphic playfulness.
8. Jason Wu and the Elegant Braided Chignon. The Jason Wu Spring 2013 presentation was dominated by a sense of grace and luxury, that took over the hair style department too. The models walked the runway sporting elegant African braided chignons, inspiring power and confidence.The perfect attributes for a flawless collection.
9. Tory Burch and the Messy Fishtail Braids. Tory Burch featured one of the most beautiful and inspiring hair style ideas in her Spring 2013 collection. The bohemian, carefree and feminine messy fishtail braids were the perfect finishing touch for the bright tropical prints and flowy sun dresses featured in the presentation. We cannot wait to spot these beauties on the streets next spring.
10. Marchesa and the Indian Sculpted Braid. To accentuate their glamorous Spring 2013 Indian inspired collection, the two lady designers leading the house of Marchesa chose a sculpted braid look to be featured in the presentation. The sleek and intricate hairstyle perfectly highlighted the oriental accents of the collection, playing around traditional Indian motifs.